Tragedy strucked Bauchi as section of the popular Muda Lawal Market in the State has been razed, Quest Times report.
The fire was said to have started late Wednesday evening and raged through the night into early Thursday morning, destroying several shops, stalls, stores and other structures.
The cause of the fire could not be ascertained at the time of filing this report but it was learnt that it had been put out through the efforts of firefighters and some residents.
“We don’t know what really happened, but we suspect that the fire started after the light was restored. You know it’s a foodstuff market, so a spark could easily start off a major fire. If you look at it, it is really a huge loss.
“I pray that those affected by the inferno will gather the strength to withstand the pain that comes with this kind of loss. I want to plead with the government to intervene so that their burden would be a little less heavy on them,” an eyewitness disclosed.