The news of Pastor Taiwo Odukoya’s passing on August 7 in the United States of America has deeply saddened his congregation and admirers worldwide.
THE QUEST TIMES has gathered some important aspects of the late pastor’s life you might want to know.
- He served as the senior pastor of The Fountain of Life Church in Ilupeju, Lagos, which boasted a membership of over 8,000 people.
- He attended Baptist Primary School and St. Paul’s College (now Kufena College, Wusasa) in Zaria for his primary and secondary education.
- In 1976, he began his studies at the University of Ibadan, eventually earning a degree in petroleum engineering in 1981.
- After a year of National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) in 1982, he joined the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), where he worked until his voluntary retirement in 1994 to answer his call to ministry.
- During his time at the University of Ibadan, he met Bimbo Williams, whom he married in 1984.
- Together with Bimbo Odukoya, he co-founded The Fountain of Life Church in 1992, aiming to teach successful relationship building and leadership principles.
- Tragedy struck in 2005 when Bimbo Odukoya, along with 102 others, lost their lives in the Sosoliso Airlines Flight 1145 crash.
- In 2010, Pastor Taiwo Odukoya remarried, this time to Rosemary Simangele Zulu from South Africa.
- Sadly, in November 2021, Pastor Odukoya’s second wife lost to cancer after a two-year battle.